Sunday, January 6, 2008

Chevy, Chevy, Chevy...*sigh*

Hello all. Below is the missive I sent in to Chevy's website.


I am most concerned that my transmission needed a $1087.59 repair for a valve assembly right before Christmas which was not warranty covered due to mileage.This is n addition to our Chevy Silverado needing similar valve assembly work, which was covered, at 29,578 miles. We are committed Chevrolet owners/consumers, but we are very disappointed at this problem in our 2 new 2003 vehicles. Our previous 1985 IROC-Z Camaro and 1995 Monte Carlo are still running without trouble. The Monte is on all original parts while the Camaro is on a rebuilt transmission. The transmission did not need work until almost 120,000 miles and was still running with over 175,000 when I sold it. The Monte Carlo is still running with over 130,000 miles with its new owner. Now here we are with our upgraded vehicles which needed near overhauls well before 100,000 miles on the Trailblazer and not even 50,000 on the Silverado. Oh, and to top it off I smell antifreeze coming through the vents when I start the heater on the Trailblazer, which means the heater core is going. I know since I had one go on an old 1992 Blazer. In short we are NOT happy when we used to be very happy Chevy owners. I'd like to hear good news from GM or we may have to make our next vehicle a non-GM. Please help. We love our trucks, but no longer trust them which is sad.We would have written sooner, but this happened right before Christmas which, being middle class, was devastating for us.
John and Gina Spencer

No comments: