Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Taste of Jamaica

Howdy Doody all!
I wanted to share a bit of secret with you. I am currently enjoying a little spot of edible heaven. Here's what I use:

4 oz of goat cheese, unseasoned
1 TBP of sugar
1 TBP of Italian bread crumbs
Sesame melba toasts

Melt down the packet of goat cheese in a small skillet on stovetop, heat just shy of medium. Add in the bread crumbs and sugar, mix and adjust to suit your taste. It should be a bit sweet with an almost sour-creamish finish. Scoop into a bowl and dip into the warm cheese using the sesame melba toasts, or spread onto crackers/toasts of choice for a great little party appetizer. It's a lot less fattening than cow cheese! Yes, I did create this on my own. I've been trying to duplicate an appetizer we had in Jamaica. Now I just need to add Jamaican rum in there somewhere! Mmmmm....enjoy!

Other Jamaican recommendations:
Appleton Estate Rum
Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee (Gevalia has been the best supplier so far-trust me, it is excellent black)

No comments: