Sunday, December 9, 2007

Me have a blue Christmas without big cookie...

Cookie Monster sings the blues and other Christmas decorations that are winning the battle. I do love Christmas decorating, but...oh, man. I was assembling my poor Charlie Brown artificial tree, and I do mean Charlie Brown tree, as the tree topper did make the tip flop over. This was only the fun once it was down here; the true fun was bringing it down-hah! It resides in the attic during the off season; the attic is 2 stairways up. Well needless to say whilst dragging it down 2 flights of steps I left a trail of tree entrails in my wake. I actually think I heard it cry during the agonizing trip down. During the reassembly process my cat decided to help out. This of course only meant that my black cat was covered in last year's silver tinsel. My husband is very worried that there will be some sparkly evidence left behind in the cat box! The thought of tinsel turds is hysterical and horrifying. Oh well, he looked very cute, so let's not think about that. Well I'm very tired and the current state of my normally immaculate dining room is depressing me a bit. There is a mahogany table under the baby Rudolph, Bumble(s), Santas, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer reindeer, Ice Ice Baby rappng snowman, carousel, singing Cookie Monster even a cat that sings Baby It's Cold Outside-it's bright pink with long eyelashes over light-up blinking eyes and a head that swivels..thanks dad.

Well, night all, got some Lewis Sructures to draw. Joy..

1 comment:

thefirecat said...

Tinsel turds are great because they come complete with festive, sparkly holiday handles for easy clean-up. Also good for flossing your cat's butt if the excretion process is incomplete when you discover this.

Yes, I've had festive kitty-butt come trailing past me in years gone by. Thanks, Pickles. I needed that little bit of holiday joy.

-Sara